Recently we purchased a Vitamix 5200 blender after months of listening to our friends rave about theirs. Once we realized this could replace not only our ancient blender but also our bulky food processor and it was easier to clean, we were sold. So far we love it and have had fun exploring recipes for it.
Whether you own a Vitamix or not you can still make the recipes we make with it. It just might take a few extra steps. Did you know the Vitamix can bring something to a boil just from the friction and speed of the blades? This is perfect for making soups! or not you can still make the recipes we make with it. It just might take a few extra steps. Did you know the Vitamix can bring something to a boil just from the friction and speed of the blades? This is perfect for making soups!
This Harvest Cheddar soup is one we modified from the Vitamix website. We whipped it up in less than 10 minutes and only had one dish to wash besides the bowls we ate from. The soup is really delicious and isn’t heavy like a lot of cheese soups. It’s also light on calories too because it uses no cream and only 3/4 of a cup of cheese! The texture is velvety smooth and delicious!
- 1 cups chicken/vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp sherry
- ¼ stalk of celery
- ⅛ medium onion, peeled
- 1 Gala apple, quartered, seeded
- 1 potatoes, baked, quartered
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt & pepper
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix in the order it’s listed. Start on low and slowly increase the speed to high. Blend for 6 minutes.
- Open the lid plug and add cheese a little at a time. Blend for 1 more minute. Serve warm.
- For no Vitamix:
- Blend ingredients until smooth then transfer to a med pot and heat over med-high heat until very warm but not boiling. Add cheese and stir. Serve warm.